HUBBARD HALL REUNION WEEKEND!
Hubbard Hall Projects is planning a big Reunion Weekend for July 4th, 5th and 6th this summer, celebrating 37 years of making art and community happen, the long tenure of retiring director, Benjie White…….. and the welcoming of new director, David Snider. This special weekend will welcome home the many people who have experienced Hubbard Hall in its many aspects of dance, theater, opera, classical music, folk music, classes, film, gardens, curiosity forums and the hours and hours of volunteering that make it all work!
Exciting events are planned for all weekend long……..
Friday evening, July 4th: The Fiddle Weekend is to be Revisited.
- Returning performers from our popular “Fiddle Weekends” plus some exciting new young performers will be sure to get your feet tapping.
July 5th Saturday: there will a variety of events including:
- Assorted classes, workshops and gatherings under the tent with old friends. T-shirts, a commemorative journal and other memorabilia will be available for sale.
- Gatherings of the various children’s theater groups from years’ past for sing alongs, other small performances and jams through out the campus. An Art Show of Valley Artisans’ Market past and current members and a show of theater and dance photographs taken by our house photographers, Jon Barber and John Sutton. Plus on going screenings of old photos and videos to enjoy.
- Giant Pot Luck under the tent, to honor Benjie and welcome David.
- Music From Salem concert in the hall.
- Cabaret in the hall of MANY performers from the past and current Theater Companies, Opera and Battenkill Chorale, including a cash bar.
July 6th Sunday: During the hours of the farmer’s market:
- More workshops, a Public Works Orchestra parade, more music performances, extra food vendors at the market and more!
And….. a special Commemorative Journal will be published and serve as our Playbill throughout the year. It will honor many area businesses who support Hubbard Hall and have lots of pictures and articles on the history of Hubbard Hall and on the various aspects and projects which make up this special place.
Check out our Hubbard Hall Reunion Facebook Page where people are posting photos plus we are starting a Hubbard Hall Reunion Blog, for posting written pieces about what Hubbard Hall has meant to both individuals and the community. These should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for now until the Blog is up and running.Save the dates….July 4, 5 and 6, 2014. Come join all the fun!
Check out the new Curiosity Forum Spotlight page here or for a list of upcoming events click here.
Next Tour July 2015!
Tours feature a wide range of works including bronze sculpture, ceramics, mixed media constructions, folk art, paintings and pastels highlight the talents of this vibrant artist community. Guests are invited to a self-guided tour through the beautiful county side and into the studios of each artist to see new work and talk to each artist.
Washington County, New York is home to a rich, vibrant artist community. Farmhouses, barns and old factories have been converted into studios where artists paint, sculpt, carve and create works of art that are exhibit the U.S. as well as internationally.
Stay posted for the dates! Open Studios of Washington County offering a glimpse into their creative lifestyles, and a unique opportunity to purchase great art directly from their studios.