HUBBARD HALL REUNION WEEKEND!
Hubbard Hall Projects is planning a big Reunion Weekend for July 4th, 5th and 6th this summer, celebrating 37 years of making art and community happen, the long tenure of retiring director, Benjie White, and the welcoming of new director, David Snider. It will welcome home the people who have experienced Hubbard Hall in its many aspects of dance, theater, opera, classical music, folk music, classes, film, gardens, curiosity forums and the hours and hours of volunteering that make the projects work.
The tentative schedule for the weekend is as follows:
July 4th Friday evening:
- Fiddle Weekend Revisited. Returning performers from our popular “Fiddle Weekends” plus some exciting young performers.
July 5th Saturday:
- Morning: assorted classes and workshops, gatherings under the tent with old friends. T-shirts and other memorabilia.
- Afternoon: gatherings of the various children’s theater groups from years’ past for sing alongs, other small performances and jams through out the campus. Art Show of Valley Artisans’ Market past and current members and (maybe) a show of theater and dance photographs taken by our house photographers, Jon Barber and John Sutton. On going screenings of old photos and videos.
- 5 pm: Giant Pot Luck under the tent. Honoring Benjie and Welcoming David.
- 7 pm: Music From Salem concert in the hall.
- 9 pm: Cabaret in the hall of MANY performers from the past and current Theater Companies, Opera, Battenkill Chorale. Cash bar.
July 6th Sunday: During the hours of the farmer’s market:
- More workshops, a Public Works Orchestra parade, more music performances, extra food vendors at the market and more!
We are publishing a special 48 page Commemorative Journal which will also serve as our Playbill throughout the year. It will have area business sponsorship ads and lots of text and pictures with articles on the history of Hubbard Hall and on the various aspects, or projects, which make up Hubbard Hall. This will be for sale by donation and T-shirts and buttons will be for sale as well.
We have a Hubbard Hall Reunion Facebook page where people are posting photos, and we are starting a Hubbard Hall Reunion Blog, for posting written pieces about what Hubbard Hall has meant to both individuals and the community. These should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for now until the Blog is up and running.
Save the weekend….we look forward to seeing you there!
Open Studios of Washington County
Next Tour July 2015!
Tours feature a wide range of works including bronze sculpture, ceramics, mixed media constructions, folk art, paintings and pastels highlight the talents of this vibrant artist community. Guests are invited to a self-guided tour through the beautiful county side and into the studios of each artist to see new work and talk to each artist.
Washington County, New York is home to a rich, vibrant artist community. Farmhouses, barns and old factories have been converted into studios where artists paint, sculpt, carve and create works of art that are exhibit the U.S. as well as internationally.
Stay posted for the dates! Open Studios of Washington County offering a glimpse into their creative lifestyles, and a unique opportunity to purchase great art directly from their studios.