Campus & Facilities
Hubbard Hall and our Freight Yard campus are located at the intersection of East Main Street (Route 372) and Washington Street in the village of Cambridge, New York. Our mailing address is: 25 East Main Street, Cambridge, NY 12816.
Cambridge, NY is less than an hour’s drive through beautiful rolling farmland from: Albany, NY, Saratoga Springs, NY, Williamstown, MA, and Manchester, VT. Founded as a not-for-profit corporation in 1978, Hubbard Hall is located in an historic 1878 opera house and renovated 19th century rail yard campus. We are a buzzing hub of cultural activity in our area, welcoming more than 36,000 visitors year-round with dozens of weekly programs and workshops, critically-acclaimed resident theater and opera companies, a popular dance and movement arts program, a cafe, art gallery, and much much more. Learn more about our Mission, Vision, and Values.
The jewel of our campus, an 1878 rural opera house designed by the same renowned architect who created the Troy Music Hall. Hubbard Hall is located at 25 East Main Street. Access to the Hubbard Hall offices is via the back entrance, from the parking lot.
Freight Yard Campus
Beacon Feed Studio — The low, orange structure is our state-of-the-art education building, featuring sprung floors in the dance studio, a visual arts studio, and additional classroom space ideal for meetings, rehearsals, and workshops.
Freight Depot Theater — The green “black box” theater and gallery space, located at the end of the Yellow Brick Road, is ideal for intimate theater and music performances, film screenings, visual art exhibitions, larger meetings/gatherings and participatory dance events.
Lovejoy Building — The red two-storey structure located along the Yellow Brick Road between the Beacon Feed Studio and the Freight Depot is home to the Cambridge Farmer’s Market and is used for agricultural and tourism related events throughout the year. During the springtime, the Lovejoy building served as headquarters for the Tour of the Battenkill bicycle race.
Blacksmith Shop — This long, two-story red building located at the north end of the Parking Lot close to Washington Street was completed in Summer 2010. It is the new home ofAdirondack Trust Company and E-Green Solar. Additional office/retail spaces are available for rent.
Parking is available in the Village Parking Lot on Washington Street, behind the Hall.